Everyone sometimes postpones something: writing a thesis, studying or an annoying task at work. But for some people that is a fixed pattern, and then it becomes procrastination. Procrastinating while you know it causes problems or extra stress: it seems strange, but still… These are 15 signs that you are bothered by it.
1. You realize only too well that you need to get started urgently
Maybe studying or writing a thesis? Or an urgent assignment for your boss?
2. But you don’t know how to start
You have no inspiration, you can’t help it?
3. You quickly check Facebook, after that it will go better
Hey, one of your old friends has a new love. Check who it is. Oh, there are pictures too. And before you know it, you’ve left…
4. You suddenly notice that your desk is terribly dirty, so you start cleaning up
Because working in a dirty environment is not possible.
5. And of course it makes you hungry…
Eat something quickly, then you will find that concentration.
6. You calculate how much time you have lost in the meantime…
Oops, so much?
7. You go back to work in good spirits
You’re all set. But wait … haven’t you forgotten?
8. Suddenly you realize that you urgently need to reply to an email
The work will have to wait a while, you can’t help it?
9. And you promised to make another appointment with your friends
Make a quick call. And meanwhile do a blow of course.
10. Sports are suddenly a priority for you
You know, a healthy mind in a healthy body.
11. But afterwards you are terribly tired, so you decide to stop
You will no longer get the job done in fifty hours.
12. As long as no deadline is imminent, you will continue to postpone it
Because you work better under pressure.
13. You wonder if you cannot postpone the deadline yourself
You have been looking for options for such a long time that you still have a lot of work the night before the deadline.
14. And in the end you have to work all night to be ready on time
And you can do it too.
15. But you swear: you will never procrastinate again!
Until next time, of course ;-).