“The atmosphere in the team is of course great. I am really satisfied with today, “said the Allgäu after the award ceremony. And after winning his first race in a TCR car at the Lausitzring, he already turned his gaze to the Sunday race: “Now we will celebrate a little, but tomorrow it will be about important points again.”
Engstler started the race from pole position as the fastest in practice. “I went straight to full attack to get a lead. After that I was able to manage my pace well. ”In fact, his Hyundai colleagues Jonas Karklys and Martin Andersen Engstler were able to follow, but not seriously endanger him. However, the Dane and the Lithuanian fought a great duel for second place, which Andersen ultimately won.
Behind Andersen and Karklys, Engstler’s team-mate Nico Gruber completed the total triumph of the Hyundai i30 N TCR on the Lusatia race track. The second race will start on Sunday at 2.40 p.m. To be seen live on free TV on Nitro or in the livestream at www.adac.de/motorsport.
Result TCR Germany Lausitzring 1
1. Luca Engstler (Engstler Hyundai)
2. Martin Andersen (Engstler Hyundai)
3.Jonas Karklys (Hyundai North Pass)
4. Nico Gruber (Engstler Hyundai)
5. Marcel Fugel (Fugel Honda)
6. Eric Salvini (Wimmer Cupra)
7. Christopher Röhner (Fugel Honda)
8. Dominik Fugel (Halder Honda)
9. Philipp Regensperger (Lubner Opel)
10. Roland Hertner (Fugel Honda)