- There are many mobile phone tariffs and the offers, conditions and services change monthly.
- So that you can get an overview of it, you will find a comparison with the best mobile phone tariffs in May 2020.
- When choosing your new mobile phone tariff, you should pay attention to criteria such as the amount of data volume, number of free minutes, network coverage and contract duration. Also think about whether you want a tariff with or without a cell phone.
Finding a mobile phone tariff that is tailored to your needs and runs at favorable conditions is not that easy … There are too many providers, tariffs and conditions for that.
Comparison of mobile phone tariffs
The best way to find the right mobile phone tariff for you is to use our clear comparison. Simply enter your requirements and your preferred mobile phone and scroll through the offers. You can find detailed instructions on how to use our mobile phone tariff comparison in this table.
How to use the mobile phone tariff comparison:
- Choose whether you want one Tariff with or without mobile phone want (you can find the advantages of a tariff with a cell phone below).
- Find your wishSmartphone from: Whether the new iPhone 11 or the Samsung Galaxy A40 – there is a large selection of new smartphones.
- Determines your wishdata volume: From 1 GB to unlimited data volume, anything is possible.
- Fit yours Free minutes according to your preferences.
- Determines how high the Price should be.
- Filters on your loved ones Providers.
- Choose another one (if possible) Tariff option and fit yours Contract term at.
- You can also use the Internet speed establish.
What you should pay attention to when choosing a mobile phone tariff
When choosing the tariff, you should focus on your needs. If you make frequent calls, for example, you need enough free minutes. If you prefer to surf the Internet, you are dependent on a mobile phone tariff with high data volume and good network coverage. Basically, you should consider these five things when doing your research:
1. Amount of data volume
You can check how much data volume you use each month on the website of your current provider and decide how much data volume you will need in the future. With providers such as Congstar, you also have the option of changing your data volume (monthly) and thus adapting it individually.
2. Flat phone
For many of you it is important to have enough free minutes to make calls. You should make sure that you want to use your tariff to make calls abroad. Some providers, such as AldiTalk, only allow calls to be made in the same network (from AldiTalk to AldiTalk) and not to all German landline or mobile networks as well as abroad.
If you are dependent on fast internet on the way, you should not neglect the internet speed. In order to surf quickly, a speed of 21.6 Mbit / s (which corresponds to the 3G marking) is usually sufficient.
4. Network coverage
Another point that you should consider when choosing the phone provider is the respective network coverage. Many providers provide coverage maps on their website, where you can see how good the phone connection is at various locations.
5. Minimum contract term
Most mobile phone contracts have a minimum term of 24 months. Inform yourself in good time about the notice period so that you do not fall into any costs. If you want to be flexible, you should rather choose a tariff that can be canceled monthly.
Which is better: mobile phone tariff with or without a mobile phone?
If you opt for a cell phone tariff with a cell phone, you pay a flat monthly fee over a period of two years. At the end of this time you paid off the device. The specified minimum term is less flexible, but it has the advantage that it saves you money. According to Stiftung Warentest, a new smartphone is significantly cheaper if you buy it together with a tariff. However, you should cancel your contract immediately after the minimum term, otherwise you will end up paying too much.
Another advantage of tariffs with a mobile phone is the free repair service provided by the provider if the device is damaged and the defect falls under the statutory warranty.
Advantages of mobile phone tariffs without a smartphone are that they can be canceled monthly and thus you have more freedom. This is useful if, for example, you don’t need a new smartphone or you don’t want to tie yourself to a provider for long.