Albon with crash
While Lance Stroll sets the fastest time, Alex Albon crashes with his Red Bull Honda. Sebastian Vettel again with problems.
Dhe pressure on Alex Albon continues to rise: the change of race engineer was obviously not enough. In the second free practice session for the Great Britain GP, he dismantles his Red Bull Honda and remains unscathed. “I have lost the stern again,” he radioed audibly to his crew. This crash may have cracked the Thai’s self-confidence a bit more.
Delay forces of 20G occurred in the accident. Therefore, Albon had to be examined in the track hospital – a mere routine check. Previously, Albon drove a time that was enough for second place in the final classification.
Vettel had to lend a hand to his Ferrari
Lance Stroll surprisingly set the best time in the Racing Point Mercedes. Teammate Nico Hülkenberg finished seventh with a gap of 0.6≈ seconds. The German also drives in a Stroll racing overall because there was no longer enough time to have his own made. “I went step by step. It just takes time to understand everything. I’ve never driven the car and been thrown into the cold water. It’s a big challenge. I will certainly feel my neck tomorrow,” said Hülkenberg. ”
Hamilton: “It was a difficult day. The wind came from different directions, which made it difficult. I wouldn’t say it was a disaster, but it was a hard day. But that’s the good thing about the team: I hope we’re making good progress overnight. “
It was even worse for Sebastian Vettel: The German had problems with his Ferrari again. If there were problems with the cooling of his engine in the morning, he was slowed down in the afternoon by loose pedals in his Ferrari. Vettel even spontaneously lent a hand. There was no more than 18th place. He also explained via box radio that he would lose nine engine power on bends.
1.Lance Stroll (Racing Point-Mercedes) 1: 27.274 minutes
2. Alex Albon (Red Bull-Honda) +0.090 seconds
3. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +0.157
4. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) +0.296
5. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) +0.307
6. Carlos Sainz (McLaren-Renault) +0.546
7. Nico Hülkenberg (Racing Point-Mercedes) +0.636
8. Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri-Honda) +0.723
9. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault) +0.838
10. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo-Ferrari) +0.885
11. Lando Norris (McLaren-Renault) +0.895
12. Esteban Ocon (Renault) +0.945
13. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo-Ferrari) +0.982
14.Max Verstappen (Red Bull-Honda) +1.116
15. Daniil Kvyat (Alpha Tauri-Honda) +1,152
16. Romain Grosjean (Haas-Ferrari) +1,290
17. George Russell (Williams-Mercedes) +1,497
18.Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) +1,586
19. Kevin Magnussen (Haas-Ferrari) +1.624
20. Nicholas Latifi (Williams-Mercedes) +2.684