With this, Verstappen increased his lead in the World Cup to 19 points. Hamilton is thoughtful: “Red Bull was overwhelming today, I couldn’t do much.”
For his part, Bottas is hit on the right rear wheel by Daniel Ricciardo and turns. The Finn falls back to the end of the field and triggers a safety car. At the end of the day he finished 15th. He was therefore not allowed to keep the point for the fastest race lap.
But it is not only at the start that Verstappen shows all his skills. He also stayed clear during the GP and ended up with a 16 second lead over Hamilton. “Today Max shows who is the boss in the ring. A bit humiliating for the competition, ”analyzes Sky expert Timo Glock.
Curious: after two thirds of the race, Verstappen even asked how big Perez ‘deficit on Hamilton was. Timo Glock again: “It’s like a Sunday coffee trip for Max Verstappen, who even has the strategy of both cars in mind.”
For Mick Schumacher, on the other hand, the race has already run into turn one. The Haas driver clashes with Esteban Ocon and drives off the left rear wheel suspension on the Alpine. “It was a bit tight in the first corner. Happens. It’s a shame, because I was looking forward to the race. “
Formula 1 Grand Prix of Mexico
2. Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain) – Mercedes +16.555 sec.
3. Sergio Perez (Mexico) – Red Bull +17,752
4. Pierre Gasly (France) – Alpha Tauri +1: 03.845 min.
5. Charles Leclerc (Monaco) – Ferrari +1: 21.037
6. Carlos Sainz Jr. (Spain) – Ferrari + 1 round.
7. Sebastian Vettel (Heppenheim) – Aston Martin + 1 round.
8. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) – Alfa Romeo + 1 rd.
9. Fernando Alonso (Spain) – Alpine + 1 round.
10. Lando Norris (Great Britain) – McLaren + 1 rd.
11. Antonio Giovinazzi (Italy) – Alfa Romeo + 1 rd.
12. Daniel Ricciardo (Australia) – McLaren + 1 round.
13. Esteban Ocon (France) – Alpine + 1 round.
14. Lance Stroll (Canada) – Aston Martin + 2 rds.
15. Valtteri Bottas (Finland) – Mercedes + 2 rd.
16. George Russell (Great Britain) – Williams + 2 rd.
17. Nicholas Latifi (Canada) – Williams + 2 rd.
18.Nikita Masepin (Russia) – Haas + 3 rd.
Yuki Tsunoda (Japan) – Alpha Tauri (1st round)
Mick Schumacher (Gland / Switzerland) – Haas (1st round)