Participation in online sweepstakes on the portals of Axel Springer Auto Verlag GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “autobild.de”) and their implementation is based on the following provisions, unless otherwise stated in individual cases.
§ 1 Sweepstakes
(1) The competitions are carried out by autobild.de in cooperation with various partners (cooperation partners).
(2) A participant takes part in the competition by solving the tasks listed in the respective competition concept or fulfilling the conditions of participation and entering their contact details in the contact form associated with the competition. Participation must be made within the period specified in the competition. The participant is responsible for the correctness of his e-mail and/or postal address. The electronically logged receipt at autobild.de is used to check whether the deadline has been met.
§ 2 Participants
(1) Persons over the age of 18 are entitled to participate.
(2) In order to participate in the competition, it is absolutely necessary that all personal details are correct. Otherwise an exclusion according to § 3 (4) can take place.
§ 3 Exclusion from the competition
(1) Employees of autobild.de and Axel Springer SE, the cooperation partners involved and their relatives are excluded from participation.
(2) In the event of a violation of these conditions of participation, autobild.de reserves the right to exclude people from the competition.
(3) Persons who use unauthorized aids or otherwise gain advantages through manipulation are also excluded. If necessary, winnings can also be subsequently withdrawn and reclaimed in these cases.
(4) Anyone who provides untrue personal information will also be excluded.
(5) Persons who live outside of the Federal Republic of Germany are also excluded.
§ 4 Execution and processing
(1) The winners will be notified by autobild.de in writing by post and/or email and their names can be published on the autobild.de portals and/or the website of the respective cooperation partner. The winner expressly agrees to this form of publication. autobild.de is entitled to transmit the winner’s data to the cooperation partner in order to enable delivery of the prize. If autobild.de only knows the email address of the winner, the winner will be notified by email. If the winner does not respond within four weeks with his complete postal address after sending the notification, the entitlement to the prize will expire and a new winner will be chosen by lot. The entitlement to the prize also expires if the prize cannot be sent within 6 months of the first notification of the prize for reasons relating to the winner. Other, possibly shorter periods may apply to vehicle and travel prices (see (4) and (5)).
(2) The item presented as a prize in the competition is not necessarily identical to the item won. Rather, there may be deviations in terms of model, color or similar. The prize sponsor may select an item of average type and quality of equal value to the item presented as the prize.
(3) The non-cash prizes (with the exception of motor vehicles and travel) will be sent by autobild.de or the sponsor or a third party commissioned by autobild.de or the sponsor by freight forwarder, parcel service or post to the postal address given by the winner.
Delivery is only within the Federal Republic of Germany. Delivery is free.
In the event that delivery is made via a courier, the courier will contact the winner to arrange a delivery date. Deliveries are usually made Monday to Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The winner has the option of providing an alternate address in their immediate vicinity to which the prize can be delivered in their absence. A message will be left if the courier does not find anyone at either the winner’s address or the alternative address. The winner has to bear the costs of a new delivery himself.
(4) In the event of a car win, the car dealer responsible for the delivery will be named to the winner. If the vehicle is not picked up within the time limit specified by the prize sponsor or the vehicle dealer, the prize will be forfeited.
The winner bears all costs caused by collection and all other consequential costs (taxes, fuel, repairs, etc.). The same applies to motorcycles and comparable prices.
(5) In the case of travel prizes, the processing takes place exclusively in direct contact between the winner and the respective sponsor or a tour operator commissioned by them. If a travel date is not specified in the competition itself, the sponsor or tour operator alone reserves the right to set the date for the trip. There is no entitlement to a specific travel date. If the trip is not accepted by the date or time specified by the sponsor or tour operator, there is no longer any entitlement to the prize. With the confirmation of the trip, the winner is subject to the travel conditions of the organizer.
Travel to and from the starting point of the trip (airport, train station, etc.) is at the winner’s expense, unless otherwise stated in the competition or expressly agreed. The same applies to all private costs incurred during the trip (minibar, telephone, etc.).
The value of the trip in the advertisement text refers to the most expensive travel time and is therefore subject to seasonal deviations and currency fluctuations, depending on the time at which the trip is made available and taken. The winner takes note of this and agrees that any difference in value will not be compensated in any form.
(6) If the transfer of the prize is not possible or only possible under unreasonable circumstances, the winner will receive a replacement of equal value.
The winner will also receive a replacement of equal value if the original prize is no longer available in the version presented (model change, seasonal goods, etc.).
(7) A cash payment of the prizes or any winning set is not possible under any circumstances.
(8) The right to the prize or winning set cannot be assigned.
(9) Complaints relating to the implementation of the competition must be sent in writing to autobild.de within 14 days of the reason becoming known, stating the competition. Complaints communicated by telephone or made too late will not be processed.
§ 5 Premature termination of the competition
autobild.de reserves the right to cancel or end the competition at any time without prior notice and without giving reasons. autobild.de makes use of this option in particular if, for technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or errors in the hardware and/or software) or for legal reasons, proper execution of the game cannot be guaranteed. If such a termination is caused by the behavior of a participant, autobild.de can demand compensation from this person for the damage incurred.
§ 6 data protection
§ 7 Liability
(1) autobild.de is released from all obligations upon delivery of the prize, unless an earlier point in time results from these regulations.
(2) autobild.de is not liable for material and/or legal defects in the prizes donated by the partner.
(3) autobild.de is not liable for the insolvency of a partner and the resulting consequences for the implementation of the competition.
(4) autobild.de is only liable for damage caused by autobild.de or one of its vicarious agents intentionally or through gross negligence or through the negligent breach of obligations that are of essential importance for the achievement of the purpose of the contract. These restrictions do not apply to damage caused by injury to life, limb and/or health or to liability under the Product Liability Act. The above limitations of liability also apply in particular to damage caused by errors, delays or interruptions in transmission, disruptions to the technical systems and services, incorrect content, loss or deletion of data or viruses.
(5) In the case of travel prizes, autobild.de is also not liable for the consequences of a justified change to the travel offer or the justified cancellation of the trip by the tour operator. The possibility of payment of the travel value is excluded.