Huawei seems to have plans to launch into the gaming market. For example, the Chinese tech company would think of its own game console, and a gaming laptop is also in the making.
In the news: According to the Huawei Central website, Huawei will soon expand its range of notebooks with gaming laptops. In a later stadium, the company also wants to come up with its own game console, comparable to Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox.
- By now also entering the gaming market, Huawei hopes to regain some market share. The company recently received several heavy blows in the west.
- Due to the ban of former US President Donald Trump, Huawei can no longer cooperate with Google for its smartphones. As a result, sales outside of China plummeted.
- The many stories about espionage by the Chinese government also caused more and more countries – including Belgium – to distance themselves from Huawei for the construction of their 5G network. In terms of technical know-how, however, the Chinese had a big lead.
- Huawei has been eyeing the gaming market for a while last year. Then it launched Game Center, a gaming hub built on top of Huawei Media Services for Android.
Gaming laptop: Huawei’s plans to release a laptop specifically aimed at gamers come as no surprise.
- Sister company Honor came in 2020 with its first gaming laptop, the Honor Hunter. It is a laptop with heavy specs that is ideal for gamers.
- Back then there were already rumors that Huawei would also launch its own gaming laptop in 2020. It didn’t get that far yet.
- At the beginning of 2021, Huawei introduced three new laptops, the MateBook X Pro, MateBook 13 and 14. They are powered by the 11th generation Intel processor. An AMD version of the MateBook would also be released later this year.
Game console: Very little is known about Huawei’s planning for its own game console. Huawei Central adds that that device will only be launched in the distant future.