The list of events in the “E3 summer” (which is actually not an E3 summer) is getting longer again. Two more events are now coming from Japan. The New Game + Expo should attract a little more attention. The digital event will be held on June 23 by 14 well-known publishers, most of whom are from Japan. Among them are Sega, Atlus, Koei Tecmo, Spike Chunsoft, Aksys Games and NIS America. “Dozens of games” will be presented, and there will also be new announcements.
The presentation of the New Game + Expo will take place on June 23, 2020 at Twitch at 5 p.m. German time. Afterwards there are question rounds and gameplay demos. After that, the recording will also be available on the official YouTube channel.
The new Indie Live Expo should be a niche corner. For June 6, 2020, some Japanese indie developers have agreed to share a livestream here. It is hoped to reach about a million viewers in Japan, China and the West. Not only Japanese indies are presented, but also those from the west, it is said. News from popular indie developers such as ZUN (Touhou series), Toby Fox (Undertale) and Swery (White Owls) are also promised.
The Indie Live Expo will air on June 6, 2020 at 1 p.m. German time.
Overview: The planned digital events in the E3 period
- June 6 at 1:00 p.m. – Indie Live Expo (more details)
- June 6 at 7:00 p.m. – Guerrilla Collective Conference (further details)
- June 6 at 9:00 p.m. – PC Gaming Show (more details)
- June 6 at 11:30 p.m. – Future Games Show (more details)
- June 9-14 – Steam Game Festival
- June 11 – Cyberpunk 2077
- June 12 at 1:00 p.m. – EA Play Live 2020 (more details)
- June 22nd at 5:00 p.m. – Developer Showcase (further details)
- June 23 at 5:00 p.m. – New Game + Expo (further details)
- July 11 – TennoCon 2020 (digital extremes with news about WarFrame)
- July 12 at 9:00 p.m. – Ubisoft Forward (further details)
- July 20 – Developer Showcase (further details)
- August 27 – Gamescom 2020: Opening Night Live
via Gematsu, Siliconera