Philips 2021 4K OLED lineup finally closes equipment gaps and delivers fans first-class image quality in 48, 55, 65 and now 77 inch diagonal. In addition, the OLED806 / OLED856 impresses with 4-sided Ambilight and HDMI 2.1.
For the first time, Philips fans can choose from the entire range of 4K OLED model sizes. While the OLED856 with the swiveling stand is unfortunately only available in 55 (55OLED856) and 65 inch (65OLED856) is available, you can get the most out of the OLED806. Here you have the choice between 48-, 55-, 65- and new 77-inch! Now one could argue that other manufacturers are already luring with 4K OLED in 83 inches, but these do not have an “image-expanding” 4-sided ambilight!
OLED806 & OLED856 with P5 processor (Gen 5)
In 2021, Philips 800 OLED model series will be given a comprehensive “upgrade”. As expected, the OLED806 & OLED856 series are based on a new, higher-performance SoC (System on Chip) and thus provide new features. As always, the “heart” is the P5 processor, which is now in its 5th generation. A new addition is an AI component that adapts the image processing to the ambient brightness in real time. And yes, the HDMI 2.1 interface has finally found its way to a Philips OLED TV!
Philips 4K OLED with HDMI 2.1
The latter processed 4K @ 120Hz signals with VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) from 40-120Hz and offers convenience functions such as ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) or eARC (enhanced audio return channel). The HDMI 2.1 interface should also support the full bandwidth of 48 Gbit / s, so it would also be prepared for 4K @ 120Hz content with 4: 4: 4 chroma and 12-bit. The exclusive Anti-burn-in technology from Philips is also an integral part of the OLED lineup. Static image components are recognized very precisely and the luminosity in this area is reduced. This is to prevent temporary and permanent image errors, such as the burning in of station logos, banderoles or HUDs (head-up displays for games).
HDR10, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and many more.
Films & series should also be in the best light with the OLED806 & OLED856. All common HDR formats such as HDR10, HDR10 +, HLG, Dolby Vision as well as the new HDR10 + Adaptive. The intelligent scene adaptation of the P5 engine also works with HDR content. The models are rounded off by a 2.1 sound system with a total output of 50 watts. Processing of Dolby Atmos 3D audio signals (including feedback via eARC) are also possible.
According to displayspecification.com, there will also be an OLED model series with an in-house SAPHI operating system. However, the 55OLED706 and 65OLED706 were not presented at the official press conference.
OLED806 / OLED856 highlights:
- 4K (3840 x 2160) OLED TV
- OLED806 available in 48-, 55-, 65- & 77-inch
- OLED856 available in 55- & 65-inch
- Anti-burn-in technology
- Perfect viewing angle and 100% DCI-P3 color space coverage
- 5th generation P5 processor with AI – with film recognition and “intelligent” light sensor
- HDMI 2.1– Capabilities with e-Arc, VRR for 4K from 40 Hz to 120 Hz with the high bandwidth of 48Gbps (4: 4: 4, 12 bit), Auto Game mode and the Auto Low Latency mode, which is already included in 2020 models
- FreeSync Premium Pro
- HDR10 + Adaptive
- Dolby Atmos
- High quality 2.1 speaker system with 50 watts with a rear woofer with patented triple ring technology and four passive radiators for impressive bass reproduction
- Four-sided ambilight for an intense viewing experience
- DTS Play-Fi for high-resolution multiroom audio
- Super slim design with an “invisible” frame made of metal and very fine edging on the sides and top, also made of metal
- OLED856 with swiveling stand
- OLED806 with discreet little feet
- Android TV 10 with Google Assistant built-in, Works-with-Alexa and “Push-to-talk” remote control
- Premium remote control with Muirhead leather trim