How delighted we are, now that we can come up with plenty of Sinterklaas recipes again. This time we came up with a tiramisu with speculaas, in which you soak the speculaas with chocolate milk. Let the Saint come now!
For 10 to 12 people:
- 500 grams of Mascarpone
- 125 ml of chocolate milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 proteins
- 100 grams of sugar
- 250 grams of gingerbread cookies
- Pepernoten or other sweets
- Oven dish of approximately 25 x 25 cm
By replacing the coffee with chocolate milk, this tiramisu with speculaas becomes completely kid-proof. In addition, the children can also help very well with this recipe. They put the speculaasjes in the chocolate milk and arrange them in the bowl, you fold the mascarpone cream on top. Teamwork!
Tiramisu with speculaas and chocolate milk
- Beat the egg yolks and 100 grams of sugar in a large bowl until fluffy with a whisk. Mix in the mascarpone here. Tip: the mascarpone is quite stiff so you have to use your muscles. Make it easier for yourself and add the mascarpone in three parts.
- Grab a mixer and beat the egg whites with it until they have stiff peaks. Then carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Prepare a container with the chocolate milk.
- Prepare an oven dish and put the gingerbread cookies one by one through the chocolate milk and place them side by side in the oven dish. Make sure that the entire bottom is covered (you can cut the speculaas to size if necessary).
- Spoon a third (or half, depending on the height and size of your baking dish) of the mascarpone mixture on the speculaasjes. Spread it with the help of a spatula and ensure a smooth layer.
- Repeat the steps above until your baking dish is completely filled. Smooth the top glass with a spatula and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let it set in the fridge for an hour or two. Then take it out and sprinkle with extra gingerbread crumbs and possibly extra ginger nuts or sprinkles.
Spotted a mistake? Mail us. We are grateful to you.