Another week, a new rumor about the iPhone 12 series. This time the focus is on the iPhone 12 Pro and the 12 Pro Max. It looks like Apple will provide both versions with an impressive, super smooth ProMotion screen.
In the news: The usually very reliable Max Weinbach of the YouTube channel EverythingApplePro comes this week with a lot of rumors about the successors of the iPhone 11 Pro and the 11 Pro Max.
The screen: The biggest and most interesting news about the iPhone 12 Pro (Max) is about its display.
- Apple also seems to switch to a higher refresh rate for its iPhones. Currently, their models have a maximum of 60 Hz, while competitors such as the OnePlus 8 Pro and the Samsung S20 Ultra have 120 Hz.
- However, Apple also has this technology because the iPad Pro has a 120 Hz screen with the name ProMotion.
- According to EverythingApplePro, the company will also provide the iPhone 12 Pro (Max) with a 120 Hz screen.
- Such a high refresh rate ensures that you get very smooth, clear images on your smartphone. You notice this difference especially when you watch videos, scroll or play games.
- Unlike other brands, where you have to manually choose between a high refresh rate or a low refresh rate, the ProMotion display will settle automatically adjust to what is shown on the screen. That way, you only use the 120 Hz if you need to and don’t use an unnecessary amount of battery.
- The iPhone 12 Pro will get a 6.1 inch screen while the screen of the Pro Max will be 6.7 inches.
Also this: In addition, the YouTube video shows some smaller rumors about the successor to the iPhone 11 Pro.
- The battery of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is said to have a capacity of 4,400 mAh. That is a lot more than the 3,969 mAh of its predecessor.
- That larger battery is also necessary because a higher refresh rate of the screen consumes much more battery. In addition, those models will also be compatible with 5G and that also consumes more power.
- Face ID will work at a wider angle on the new models, which should make your screen unlock easier.