Samsung has announced its first major event of the year. On January 14, the company will more than likely introduce the new Samsung Galaxy S21 series, among other things.
In the news: What has been in the air for some time is now official. On January 14, Samsung will hold its online event Galaxy Unpacked. Although the company has not yet announced what they will announce there, it is no secret that the event serves to present their new flagship smartphones: the Samsung Galaxy S21 series.
What can we expect? According to almost all reports – such as the reliable WinFuture – Samsung will present three models on January 14: the Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 + and S21 Ultra. The short teasers that have been shared on Twitter mainly seem to indicate an innovative camera.
Which camera will the Samsung Galaxy S21 get? The most reliable information about the S21 series camera comes from the well-known leaker Evan Blass. Earlier this week, he shared a detailed infographics about the cameras of these smartphones.
- The Samsung Galaxy S21 and S21 + seem to be getting an identical camera setup:
- The main camera is 12 MP with an f / 1.8 lens. In addition, there is also a 12 MP wide-angle lens and a 64 MP telephoto lens.
- The front camera is 10 MP.
- The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra stands out from the other models with a much stronger camera setup. In total, the device even has six cameras.
- The main camera is 108 MP with an f / 1.8 lens. In addition, there is also a 12 MP wide-angle lens and two optical zoom lenses of 10 MP. The first has a zoom factor of 3 and the second is a periscope camera with 10x zoom. It is also the only model with laser autofocus.
- The front camera is 40 MP.
- In terms of lenses, these cameras don’t seem to differ that much from the camera setup of the S20 series at first glance. Still, Samsung has already promised that the end result will be much better thanks to a better processor and smarter software in the S21 series.
- Finally, there is also some confusion about a possible 3D camera sensor. Ads from Samsung seem to hint at that, but none of the leaks that have been so far confirm that rumor.
And further? The other specs of the Samsung Galaxy S21 series also seem as good as known.
- Battery: The S21 will in all probability get a battery of 4,000 mAh, the S21 + will get 4,800 mAh and the S21 Ultra even 5,000 mAh.
- The S21 and S21 + both get a display with a refresh rate of 120 Hz. It will be 6.2 or 6.7 inches respectively.
- The S21 Ultra gets a 6.8 inch WQHD + LTPO display with a refresh rate adaptive is from 1 Hz to 120 Hz. That way you can always enjoy the best image quality without consuming too much battery. Such a fully customizable refresh rate is very revolutionary. Other devices usually let you choose at most between a few values depending on your preference.
- S Pen: The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra appears to be the first model in the S series to be compatible with this stylus from Samsung. You will have to buy it separately for an estimated 40 euros. There is also no storage space provided, as was the case with the Note.
- Price: Officially, the prices are not yet, but according to rumors, the S21 starts at 849 euros, the S21 + at 1,049 euros and the S21 Ultra at 1,399 euros.
- Availabilty: After the presentation on January 14, it will probably take one to two weeks before the Samsung Galaxy S21 series is for sale in Belgium.