Optics: The Range Rover is smooth
The entire vehicle is significantly smoother than before. The typical brand grill is reinterpreted and merges into a very reduced apron. The wheel dimensions grow on the side 23 inches to the As with the Velar, door handles disappear into the body.
At Land Rover, they are particularly proud of the transitions between the window and the body. No visible transitions can be seen here. The blackened pillars also make a difference in the new model. It almost seems as if the roof is floating free. One of the highlights of the new generation can be seen at the rear, because at first glance it seems as if the range could get by without any taillights. The lights only appear when they are in use and are otherwise just deep black surfaces.
Interior: parallels to the Defender
The interior is luxurious as usual and leaves nothing to be desired. The buttons on the steering wheel come closer to that of the Defender. The choice of the landing gear mode is given an elegant rotary control. In addition to leather, there are also vegan alternatives and a mix of wool and recycled plastic. For the Entertainment is optionally provided by a 13.7-inch touchscreenwhich will be placed on the dashboard in the future.
Rear: The Range Rover can still do luxury
Even with the short wheelbase, the rear is more than spacious, and those who appreciate even more space for their legs can opt for the long version. In row two there are electric roller blinds for the windows, a tablet in the center armrest that controls the comfort functions. If desired, there are also screens on the front headrests.
Range Rover SV: More comfort is not possible with the SUV
No question about it: Even the basic Range Rover is far from being ordinary, but if that’s not enough for you, take it SV version. Here the British are pulling out all the stops again. At “Special Vehicle Operations”, the in-house high-end forge, the Range Rovers are handcrafted in a very special way. The new model bears a ceramic emblem and can also be recognized by many other ceramic details. Anyone who orders the long version of the Range Rover SV has the option of using the “Signature Suite”. Molded individual seats with 24-way adjustment options are available here. An electric table is also part of the equipment.
Connectivity and features: new infotainment
● Length: short wheelbase: 5052 mm / long wheelbase: 5252 mm
● Width with mirrors: 2209 mm
● Height: 1870 mm
● Short wheelbase: 2997 mm / long wheelbase: 3197 mm
● Luggage compartment short wheelbase: 725 liters / 1841 liters
● Long wheelbase trunk: 725 liters / 2601 liters
Off-road properties: Still a real off-road vehicle
In terms of cross-country mobility, no compromises have to be made on paper compared to the predecessor. 34.7 degrees approach angle at the front, 29 degrees at the rear, 90 cm fording depth, 29.5 cm ground clearance – the Range Rover remains true to itself and should continue to bring people with the right wallet everywhere.
All-wheel drive and technology: now with all-wheel steering
Motors and price: even electric in 2024
Motors at a glance:
● Range Rover P400: straight six-cylinder mild hybrid; Power: 400 HP; Torque: 550 Nm; Transmission: eight-speed automatic.
● Range Rover P530: V8; Power: 530 HP; Torque: 750 Nm; Transmission: eight-speed automatic.
● Range Rover D250: straight six-cylinder mild hybrid; Power: 249 hp; Torque: 600 Nm; Transmission: eight-speed automatic.
● Range Rover D300: straight six-cylinder mild hybrid; Power: 300 HP; Torque: 650 Nm; Transmission: eight-speed automatic.
● Range Rover D350: straight six-cylinder mild hybrid; Power: 350 hp; Torque: 700 Nm; Transmission: eight-speed automatic.
● Range Rover P440e: straight six cylinder + electric motor; System power: 440 PS; Torque: 620 Nm; Transmission: eight-speed automatic; Electric range: up to 100 km.
● Range Rover P510e: straight six cylinder + electric motor; System power: 510 PS; Torque: 700 Nm; Transmission: eight-speed automatic; Electric range: up to 100 km.