The employees determine the corporate culture. E.gal, what the management gives as a guideline, crucial is what is actually lived in the end.
It is all the more important to know whether an employee fits into the company or not. How good is that individual employee in the company is dependent on his or her emotional intelligence. The term describes on the one hand the ability to self-manage and a clear self-perception and on the other hand the skills in dealing with others.
The emotional intelligence has to be right.
Mariah DeLeon, Viezepresient from “people at workplace“, Explained opposite the website “Entrepreneur”, with which seven questions HR manager test applicants’ emotional intelligence.
1. Who has inspired you the most?
The answer to the question gives the interviewer the opportunity to take a look behind the scenes. How would the applicant like be? What are his values? What behavior does he respect or admire?
2. If you were to start a business tomorrow, what would the three most important company values be?
Every good relationship starts with Ehonesty and trust. This question gives an even deeper Ein view into the personality of the applicant.
3. When the business changes, new priorities and goals are set: How would you like your team convey the new goals?
It happens in every company that the focus shifts. Everyone has to be able to adapt to new situations and the Eproperty have the power to help others make the transition. DeLeon advises companies to hire people who are confident, motivated and empathetic DeLeon. “These characteristics ensure good teamwork”.
4. In one of your last jobs, were you able to forge a lasting friendship?
A permanent Brelationships it takes a long time to build. Who to is able to has emotional intelligence and a stable personality says Robert Alvarez, manager at Bigcommerce: “It shows, that relationships with other people are important to you and that you care about them ”.
5. Is there a skill or expertise that you do not already have but would like to acquire?
Curiosity and the urge to learn new things are signs that you want to keep improving. “People who think they already know everything are people who later on in the job Probleme get, ”said Alvarez. Anyone who thinks they know everything closes off new ideas that harm the company.
6. Can you explain something to us that is actually taken for granted. But like we’re hearing about it for the first time? (At this point you can explain, for example, how a puzzle works or how a coffee machine works.)
Depending on how the candidate answers, the HR manager can make various considerations:
- Does the applicant afterthoughtbefore he started talking?
- Does he have the ability to know to pass on?
- Does the candidate respond to others, for example by asking questions like: “Does that make sense for you too?” Or “Do you know another approach?”
7. What are the three main reasons for your success?
The answer to this question shows whether a person is more likely to be selfless or selfish, says Alvarez. “When people talk about their own success, she pays attention to their choice of words. Hott is it always “I”, “I”, “I” or does the person talk about “the team”, “we” or “us”? “
“Look for a team player, someone who brings positive energy to the company,” advises Craig Cincotta, Manager at Porch.com, one platform for service providers. “Even if an applicant is the smartest person in the world, if he doesn’t enjoy working with others and is afraid for his own success, he just doesn’t fit into the company.”
This article was published by NewsABC.net back in March 2017. It has now been reviewed and updated.