Prices for the new SUV coupe at less than 20,000 euros
● VW Taigo: from 19,350 euros
● VW Taigo Life: from 22,440 euros
● VW Taigo Style: 28,375 euros
● VW Taigo R-Line: from 29,230 euros
Look: more elegant and sportier than the T-Cross
In addition to the new shape of the rear, the changed light signature is particularly noticeable. It is flatter than that of the SUV brother with a regularly shaped back. However, the relationship remains recognizable, after all, the light elements are also housed on a black element in the SUV coupé. The rear apron, on the other hand, is independent; the R-Line model shown naturally makes a lot of difference, because its design stands out again from that of the other equipment. It is painted in the vehicle color, a black insert with chrome-colored stylized tailpipe trims is closed off at the top by a continuous reflector. There is a black diffuser underneath. The planking does not quite fit into the picture. With the R-Line, only the wheel arches are framed by this rather robust feature; the other equipment also includes sills and aprons.
Dimensions: With trailer coupling and a trailer load of up to 1200 kilos
● Length: 4266 mm
● broad: 1757 mm
● Height: 1494 mm
● Wheelbase: 2566 mm
● Trunk volume: 438 l
● Trailer load: up to 1200 kg /Support load: 55 kg
Interior: A digital cockpit is standard in the VW Taigo
Despite the sloping roof line, there is a surprising amount of space
But the exciting question with this roof shape is: How do you sit in the rear? Surprisingly, there is more space here than expected. There are two reasons. VW has lowered the bench a little and the roof only drops really steeply from the C-pillar, i.e. behind the passengers. With a height of 1.65 meters you have a lot of space here, but you shouldn’t be too tall either. From 1.85 meters, sitting in the back is probably no longer fun on longer journeys.
Equipment: A panoramic pop-up roof is available as an option
● Taigo: The basic version is equipped as standard with LED headlights and taillights, 16-inch wheels, air conditioning, digital cockpit (eight inches) and 6.5-inch central display as well as electrically adjustable and heated exterior mirrors.
● Life: The middle equipment also comes with a leather steering wheel, roof rails and a projection light in the exterior mirrors that draws a check pattern on the floor when the car is opened.
● Style: The focus here is on “elegance”. Visually, this equipment stands out through a modified rear apron with chrome strip and silver-colored diffuser. Matrix LEDs and LED fog lights, 17-inchers, front and rear parking sensors, 10.25-inch digital instruments, eight-inch infotainment and seat heating at the front are on board ex works.
● R-Line: As usual, this is the sportiest looking standard equipment. It can be recognized by its own aprons and paneling, some of which is painted in the vehicle color. Matrix LEDs and LED fog lights are standard, as is its own checkered seat cover, the black sky and the heated seats in the front. If you also choose that Black style package, various chrome trim elements are blackened, there are tinted windows and 18-inch rims.
Engines: The range only includes petrol engines
VW Taigo 1.0 TSI (110 PS) ● engine: three-cylinder gasoline engine ● displacement 999 cm³ ● power: 81 kW (110 PS) ● max. Torque: 200 Nm ● transmission: six-speed gearshift / seven-speed DSG ● top speed: 191 km / h ● max. Trailer load: 1200 kg ● Support load: 55 kg.
VW Taigo 1.5 TSI ● engine: three-cylinder gasoline engine ● displacement 1498 cm³ ● power: 110 kW (150 PS) ● max. Torque: 250 Nm ● transmission: seven-speed DSG ● top speed: 212 km / h ● max. Trailer load: 1200 kg ● support load: 55 kg.