The complete BBQ book is the new cookbook by chef Julius Jaspers. This ultimate reference guide leads you from vegetables to meat and fish to side dishes and desserts. For the barbecue lovers! You want to make this recipe for spicy cauliflower from the BBQ immediately.
For 6 people:
- 1 cauliflower, organic, cut into florets
- 100 grams of flour
- 240 ml of milk
- 1 clove of garlic, clean and pressed
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 100 grams of panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 200 ml BBQ sauce smokey (see below)
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce
- 2 spring onions, in rings
- Herbal mayonnaise (see below)
- Salt and cayenne pepper
For the bbq sauce smokey:
- 1 red onion, in thin rings
- 2 garlic cloves, clean
- 30 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder (allspice.nl)
- 50 grams of brown caster sugar
- Salt and cayenne pepper
For the herb mayonnaise:
- 450 grams of mayonnaise
- 15 sprigs of green herbs (parsley, celery, tarragon, dill, mint, chervil)
- The juice of half a lemon
This seems like a long recipe, but it is really not that bad in practice. And believe us: you just want to taste that smokey barbecue sauce and herb mayonnaise from Julius. This dish is a solid value for anyone looking for tasty vegetarian recipes for the barbecue.
Julius about this recipe: „Cauliflower, but without the paste or cheese sauce. Nicely cooked in the smoke from the barbecue. Then finished with my guilty pleasure No. 1: sriracha sauce! “
Spicy cauliflower from the BBQ
1. Mix the flour, milk, garlic and paprika with some salt and pepper to a batter and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Dip a cauliflower rose into the batter, pass directly through the panko and place on your grid. Repeat this with all florets.
3. Put some smoke moth on the fire and put the grill in the barbecue for 20 minutes.
4. Mix barbecue sauce with sriracha sauce and pass the cauliflower florets through it. Put the florets back on the grid and put them in the barbecue for another 20 minutes, until they are nicely crispy and brown.
5. Sprinkle the cauliflower florets with the spring onion rings and serve with the herb mayonnaise.
For the bbq sauce smokey
1. Fry the onion and garlic in oil until translucent.
2. Add the can of tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, pimentón and sugar, heat until all the sugar has melted and put the pan in the barbecue on the grid.
3. Throw a handful of smoke moth on the fire and close the lid.
4. After 15 minutes, check the taste of the sauce and add some smoke moth if necessary.
5. When you are satisfied with the taste, let the sauce cool and finely chop it in the food processor. Only then season with salt and pepper.
For the herb mayonnaise
Mix 450 grams of mayonnaise with the cut leaves of a total of 15 sprigs of green herbs (parsley, celery, tarragon, dill, mint, chervil) and the juice of half a lemon.